Saturday, June 15, 2013

First stop, Seattle!

This morning, I left the DC Airport on Alaska Airlines (thanks for the miles, Dad!) headed to Seattle and was happy to find the weather here in the Pacific Northwest is beautifully cool and dry.  I met up with Melanie and headed to Speedy Reedy bike shop to pick up our bikes that we shipped ahead of time.  The shop really did a great job in assembling my bike once it arrived and getting it prepared for me to pick up and take it on the upcoming journey.  While I was there I picked up a new front light for my bike.



For the next two days, this is the dorm room I'm staying in.


Already having some luggage issues... one of my bags already is having a problem with the wheels on it, and both bags are over the weight limit set for the ride, each by 10lbs.  Looks like I'll have some problem solving ahead of me.

Seattle is a really great city.  It's beautiful, and its full of young, energetic people who are biking and running all over.  Now that I've got my belongings in my room, I'm going to head to this great juice bar I found, which will hold me over till dinner!

*************************

Just had a great steak dinner with Kim's sister Linda.  It's still light out, but its lights out for me, snuggled up in Dad's sleeping bag.  Another busy day tomorrow!





1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a safe flight and landed safely at your starting point. Your dorm room looks austere. Hope it's comfortable. Enjoy!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete