Sunday, June 16, 2013

Seattle, Day 2

First, Happy Father's Day, Dad!

And also a Happy Father's Day to Carroll!  Tomorrow you start another round of chemo, and my thoughts are with you.

The weather in Seattle was great today!  Grabbed some breakfast...



... and then I went to a section of Seattle called Ballard and visited the most amazing farmer's market!


I spent a couple of hours walking around and doing a little shopping before heading back to Seattle Pacific for the rider orientation meeting.  The group I'm traveling with is a wonderful bunch of young people.  I can't help but feel like I'm on Survivor... when do I get kicked off?

Decided to take my bike for a test ride.  Finding a pair of bike shorts was a bit of a chore...


But it was worth it.  Bike is perfect in every way!

It's 7pm and I'm in for the night.  Ride starts bright and early tomorrow.  We have to have our bags on the truck by 6am.

I'm ready to roll!


No comments:

Post a Comment